03 March 2012

Week 57 - Colour


It's the first week of the month (Gracious, it's March already) and so we've got a colour challenge which this week is
NEUTRALS
This could be anything from off white to black with any shade of beige, brown or grey in between.


We are delighted to be sponsored this month by


WOW! Embossing Powder has been established as a brand since May 2006 and has grown dramatically since then. We are rapidly becoming very well-known and respected within the craft industry. We pride ourselves on our fast and friendly customer service, and personal touch each and every one of our customers receives. We are the largest manufacturers of embossing powder in the world, therefore are very pleased and proud to offer crafters what we believe is the best product available at a great price.



WOW! Embossing Powder offer over 160 different colours of embossing powders: Embossing Glitter, Metallic, Puff and Ultra High to name a few collections.  WOW! also sell Fab Foils, embossing inks, embossing pens, bonding powder, flock, stamps and stamping accessories.  

The lucky winner will receive a caddy containing 12 varied WOW embossing powders!!


I decided to use kraft for my first card. I stamped the Agapanthus, from the Kanban set again which I used on my personal blog the other day. It's a super little sheet, available from Create & Craft only at the moment, I think. I stamped on the reverse of the ribbed kraft card with Versamark then embossed in WOW Pepper embossing powder. For any of you that dont know, WOW embossing powders, are fantastic! I never used to be a big fan of heat embossing, but WOW powders have changed my mind competely. Whatever they are made of give a superb finish, they seem finer somehow and are available in THE most gorgeous colours!
Holding a dark brown piece of paper the same size as my kraft panel, I tore the bottom, then placed with the brown just down slightly. I prefer the ripped edge to be roughly the same shape. I roughly coloured the heads of the Agapanthus with a Chocolate Chip marker pen.
The brad is Stampin up, poked through, then Linen thread, also Stampin' up wound round the brad, then secured behind before sticking. The sentiment is from You are Loved, again Stampin' up.


For my second card I took my layout inspiration from our Neutrals colour block.
It is nothing like I planned in my head! How often does that happen!!
Looking at the photo, I planned my squares, roughly first on paper, then cut to size, in Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Crumb Cke and Sahara Sand. I then used Stampin' Up French Foliage and embossing folders [Swiss Dots and Square Lattice]to create different textures. This again is heat embossed in Pepper.
[As you can imagine, all my other powders are all sparkly and shiny, SO not Neutrals week!]

For any Stampin' Up products or if you would like to join my Stampers 6 club starting April 1st, please contact me Overmoores@aol.com
Only 3 places left!

Chrissie
I decided to do a card using some embossing powder from WOW!
For this I stamped my Blockhead Paper Arts tulip image with Versamark and then embossed the image with WOW Pepper Embossing powder. I applied bleach to the image using a water brush.  It's amazing the different effects which result from doing this... it's largely dependent upon the type of paper or card used. This one was quite successful... some don't have such a dramatic effect. I added a little depth to the flowers by colouring the dried image with some Derwent Inktense pencils and blended the colours with a water brush (no bleach this time). It's mounted on an SU Sahara Sand card base and framed with a piece of cardboard cut with a Nestie. I lengthened the aperture a little to accommodate the size of the image.
This one is another stamp from the same set, with the same treatment, this time on black paper, with black embossing powder and no additional colouring. The picture isn't terribly good. I'll have to try and take another, but the bleached paper is just about the same colour as the Sahara Sand card.
As ever there are a few more examples on my personal blog, do take a look, I love to receive visits from you!


25 comments:

  1. Ladies - what a super challenge! I think your inspiration cards are just lovely, and I hope to be play this weekend! My craft room is being packed next week - sob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo what a great challenge.... Not tried many neutral colour palettes before:0)
    Great inspiration from yourselves as always :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous challenge and cards everyone. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely examples, I was REALLY upset not to enter last week, I think only my 3rd miss from week#1 as i could not see out of left eye (complications, infection bright red eye, not nice!)and wasn't allowed to wear contact in right eye.
    Anyway can see today and loVE NEUTRALS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab challenge this week Ladies, not my usual colours, but thats good, get the little grey cells going on a Saturday morning! All your cards are stunning with tons of inspiration.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards as always! This challenge got my mojo going so extra thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards ladies , oooh I cold have used last weeks card...darn it :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I am amazed there are so many entries already.

    How does one compete with so much talent and creativity?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing projects! Thank you for the fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crissie and Mandy
    I have to realize your challenges my first place for inspiration :-)

    Three cards ;)


    And @all: I visit all entrys => but I can't comment, if I have to use: "google account or OpenID" -but I was there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi girls
    gorgeous cards a s always, scrummy price, not sure mine is neutral enough but im sure ya tell me! lol, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello CHRISSIE & MANDI.
    And again there are so many wonderful cards and different creations. I do't regret having me logged on here!
    Thank you for the fabulous theme!

    Sincerely Daen'Ys

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all stunning-I really must get myself back on track with this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful challenge this week Chrissie and Mandi. I just love using neutral colours. Your samples are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous inspiration from the Limettes and everyone. Thank you for another great challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the great color challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful selection of cards and another great challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for such a soft and beautiful challenge! The DT cards are amazing! I just love, love, love playing at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Goodness how do you both do it week after week with so many entries and each comment individual. Hats off to both of you amazing women. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great challenge ladies - I'm now a LIM convert too :) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great challenge ladies - I'm now a LIM convert too :) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great Challenge - Just a bit late for me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for the beautiful inspiration you've provided!

    -Martha

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.