06 July 2013

Shades Of Grey .. Week 127

It's the first week of the month which two things, a new colour challenge and a new sponsor! This month we are delighted to welcome back Liz from Pink Petticoat as our sponsor.

February Sponsor

On to this months colour challenge. This week we want to see...


Now you don't need to use fifty shades but we would like to see a minimum of two shades on your creations this week. Don't forget that all important white (or grey space).



For my first card, I have used a cute little dog from Penny Black and simply coloured him in cool grey promarkers.  A simple doodle and some grey thread finish him off.


My second card uses Basic Grey card stock and DPs from Stampin up and tow dies from Simon Says Stamp by memory box. I have kept it very simple.

Don't forget to check out my blog to see if you are the lucky winner of my birthday candy!


Here I have mainly used warm shades of grey... not exactly fifty but a few!
The fabulous ginkgo leaf is from a die by Impression Obsession and I love it .
The sentiment comes from a clear set which says STM 2007 and SSC 109 whatever make can that be? I can't remember and I failed to scrawl the make on the carrying sheet!
The rectangles in this are cut with a new Framelit set which I think will be useful, particularly for sentiments!


More die-cutting here on a charcoal card base. This time some Memory Box turtles which I bought at the craft show last weekend only to find that they were reduced on the shop's website on Monday morning! Hey ho you win some you lose some, but three of the dies I bought were reduced... boo hoo!
The sentiment was typed on the computer with Dina's Handwriting font and mounted on Nesties. The scrap of DP has been sculling around for years, I believe it may be Docraft.

***


16 comments:

  1. This is a good one - will play later
    As out for the day in the sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great challenge, not as easy as you would think......
    Hugs
    Suzy B :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had fun with the color grey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely challenge... great ideas... love Stephanie's card, jenx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab challenge...as always fantastic inspiration from you both....I know the photo wasn't the inspiration for our cards....but I couldn't resist putting a tie on mine :) .....

    San x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant idea, testing by that's what it's all about!! Thank you for your wonderful and inspirational cards Chrissie and Jen, Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great challenge ladies, pushed me out of my comfort zone - thank you for inspiring me to do that! Beautiful inspirational cards from both of you hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent challenge...gave me the opportunity to try out some new products too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The last one is my favorite. I turtely love you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for a fun one! I missed last week and was really late with Jen's birthday card the week before. Aacck. Work this week is messing me up, but I made it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great challenge with lovely DT inspirations

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So stupid of me, I have a card made for the week 126 challenge (sand), I forget to link it. And for the week 127 challenge I'm just too late.
    I hope to be next time on time.
    Carola

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, just look at that gallery. Who'd have thought grey could look so sophisticated :) Fab challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice gallery!!!
    Thanks for sharing please keep sharing more :-)
    Fifty Shades Movie

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.